About The Position
Sensi is on a mission to change the way we, as a society, take care of every older adult who needs it. We are leveraging the power of AI and data to ensure safety, dignity, and satisfaction in every caregiver-care recipient interaction.
Work with a purpose. Join us in creating an ideal care environment for older adults. Be a part of our founding team; help us make Sensi a new industry standard for the long-term care industry.
About The Role
You will design and develop embedded software that will be used by millions of people every day. Your code is highly optimized for resource constrained environments, and meets a strict quality bar. You automate as you go to enable faster testing and iterations of new code. When you hit roadblocks in development, you immediately start investigating workarounds or alternative options. You understand there is often more than one way to solve a problem, and you clearly articulate trade-offs during tough decisions and back up your solutions when challenged.
- Develop the logic & modules based on IOT concepts
- Plan and design embedded software architectures for real-time operating system
- Understand datasheets and technical specifications for implementation
- Manage and document all relevant information
- Manage and implement full-cycle tests E2E (Embedded device to IOT core)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
- 3+ years of professional experience with C/C++ programming, preferably in an embedded environment.
- Experience developing complex embedded systems in signal processing or other related industrial fields.
- Familiar with Linux, and POSIX systems including concepts like watchdogs, task preemption, multitasking, software interrupts, priority inversion, drivers & low-level debugging.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting programming language such as Python/Ruby or Perl/bash.
Nice to have:
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Hands-on experience with AWS serverless framework & familiar with IOT Core concepts
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Ability to design access and memory usage optimized data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Audio signal processing concepts and mathematical skill (Audio features, FFT, etc)
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills