The company is on a mission to change the way we, as a society, take care of every older adult who needs it. We are leveraging the power of AI and data to ensure safety, dignity, and satisfaction in every caregiver-care recipient interaction.
Work with a purpose. Join us in creating an ideal care environment for older adults. Be a part of our founding team; help us make Sensi a new industry standard for the long-term care industry.
About The Role
Sensi.Ai is looking for a visionary VP R&D technological leader, with strong interpersonal and managerial skills who is a Team player and is passionate about empowering their employees. The right person for us is genuinely passionate about building a high-performing scalable and well-optimized organization, understanding growth and executive leadership. and experienced in building and scaling best-in-class tech teams in a B2B SaaS company.
Reporting to the CTO, you will be taking end-to-end responsibility for the company’s R&D strategy, performance, and deliverables; high-quality software solutions on tight schedules in a fast-paced environment.
- Work tightly with the product team ensuring the vision of the company is being executed and achieved with the highest standards delivering.
- An integral member of the company’s management team
- Partner with Product, Operations, and Clinical leaders to ensure that the architecture and technologies used are well-aligned with the needs of the customers as well as being efficiently supportable, stable, and secure.
- Define and own the Engineering OKRs & roadmap and conduct quarterly roadmap reviews
- Apply modern engineering practices across the org
- Defining the R&D team growth plan and strategy
- Drive transparency and decision-making through the product and engineering leadership team with blameless postmortems and iterative improvement programs that focus on product scale and quality.
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring the R&D org
- Create a process that is fluent, self-maintained, flexible, fast and constantly improving the development process and methodology
- 7+ years of experience leading, managing, and scaling R&D teams, in startup environments.
- Experienced leading +50 R&D organizations (Including Data Science, Software Engineers, DevOps, Data Engineering & Support).
- Deep understanding of R&D build for enterprise SAAS offering.
- Cross-platform knowledge (web, mobile, back-end).
- Firm understanding of evaluating ROI of R&D projects.
- Good understanding of how development connects with business.
- Firm experience in agile product development.
- A “Can-Do” mentality and mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- B.Sc. and an advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar degree
- Experience managing a distributed team
- Experience with ML Pipelines
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Understanding of CI-CD processes
- Experience with dockerized microservices Serverless technologies
- Experience with IOT